A challenge to almost all businesses is recruiting. Not just finding someone to fill a position, but to find the right person for that position. The task can be daunting and time consuming.
Many companies have used recruiting firms to help them with the project. It’s an important decision and one that is not taken lightly. After all, choosing the wrong person for the job can end up costing you customers and money.
Choosing the right executive recruiting firm to do the work for you is an important first step towards hiring that one individual that’s best suited for the open position in your company.
So, what should you know before you start hunting for that recruiting company?
5 TIPS ON CHOOSING THE RIGHT EXECUTIVE RECRUITING COMPANY
1) Be aware that there are 2 main different types of executive search firms.
a) Retained Search – These types of firms are paid up-front. The benefit of these search firms is that they provide a more personalized type of service. In essence, they will work harder for you.
b) Contingent Search – These search firms are paid only when the recruiter has successfully completed the contract requirements. These are more of a mass production line. Recruiters work with more clients at one time and the quality of recruits is less. Their priority is the easy-to-fill positions.
2) If possible, select a recruiting company that has experience in your specific industry. Don’t be shy about interviewing the recruiters in order to identify their depth of knowledge in your niche.
3) Of course, ask for references. You want to know what experiences others have had using this company and / or recruiter.
4) If you were interviewing someone for a job you would ask specific questions and you would also “get a feel” for that person. Are they a good fit for the job? Are they a good fit for the company? The same goes with hiring a recruiting firm. You want your recruiter to work well with you. They should understand your goals, your challenges, the complete requirements of the job.
5) The devil is in the details. Did the recruiting company call you back in a timely manner? Are their emails consistent and concise? Is the recruiter asking the right questions to give you the best possible candidates for your job opening?
Use these 5 tips to help you select the best possible recruiting firm for you needs.